Tuesday, January 4, 2011
The first day
I decided that I wanted to blog about my weight-loss a few weeks ago when I went to my doctor and he told me I needed to lose about 25-30 lbs. I went to ask him about my weight and also to find out how many calories a day I should be consuming. He told me that I needed 1800 calories to lose a lb a week. I felt that this was too many so I went to Caloriecount.com and they said I should be consuming 1500. So... today is the first day of my "diet" and I have been doing pretty good. I logged that I ate 1502 calories today. I really like caloriecount.com because it keeps track of my calories throughout the day and makes it really easy to keep track of what Im eating and how many calories Im consuming. The reason I titled my blog "the end of the yo-yo dieter" is because for about 6 years I have been constantly gaining and losing 10-15 lbs. I would eat great, and work out hard for about 2 months and lose weight and feel awesome and then I would get comfortable and gain it all back. Its draining and frustrating to keep doing this. I just want to make a lifestyle change and become healthy. I dont want to get comfortable once I lose weight and then gain it all back. I want to FOREVER be conscious of what Im eating and be healthy about it. Some of my friends have questioned my decision to "diet" and that I need to lose weight but I just have to say that I do tend to look lighter/thinner than I really am. My doctor agreed that I could lose 25 to 30 lbs and still be healthy. I know some people are shocked by this but its true. I decided that Im not gonna hide behind my weight issues anymore and Im going to give my accurate weight each week. This is going to be a humbling experience for me since I know my husband as well as some of my friends will be reading my blog and they will know my true weight. Ok.... here it is. I weigh..... 160 lbs! Ok, there, I said it! I have gained about 10 lbs since the summer and I feel horrible! For my height I should be at least 130 or even 125. Now do you see why Im doing this? Bottom line is I just want to be healthy and happy. I want to feel good about myself (something Ive never been able to do). So, I got some inspiration from my friend Anna and decided to blog about this journey. I really appreciate all the feedback and that you even took time to read this. Please continue to do so each week and I will also post it on facebook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
get it girl! You can do this, and fyi, blogspot has a counter of how many times your blog is viewed, so even if you have 0 comments, you may have 100 views! Don't forget that, it keeps you accountable. You got this, and I am going to continue my blog too, so I'm right with you! I'm excited that you are doing this. Here's to the long term, and looking hot on vacation! Love you lots!
ReplyDeleteYou are a strong woman and I know you are going to do great! I will be doing my best right here with you! I love you!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Nikki! You will do great! I'm glad you and Anna will be doing this before me since come March I will also be joining the calorie watch. I'm like you, I want to make it a lifestyle change, not just a "diet". Keep it up and thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDelete